Leftover pizza – a quintessential British snack. But let’s face it, reheating pizza can be a bit of a gamble. Will it come out soggy? Dry? Will the cheese be rubbery? Fear not, my fellow pizza lovers! Here are 5 ways to reheat pizza without losing its flavour and texture. These methods are perfect for anyone enjoying a Ludacrust in the morning after one of our catering events such as weddings.
- Hob Method: Heat up a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and place your pizza slice(s) in it. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted. This method ensures a crispy base and melted cheese.
- Grill with pizza stone: Preheat your grill to a proper high heat to get the stone hot AF. After 5 mins – or before you smoke the place out, reduce to medium heat and place the pizza slice(s) on it. Grill for 5-7 minutes until the crust is crispy and the cheese is bubbling. This method gives you that perfect crispy base and melty cheese.
- Oven: Preheat your oven to as hot as you can get it, place the pizza slice(s) on a baking sheet, and bake for 5-7 minutes. This method ensures even heating and a crispy base.
- Microwave + Oven or Grill Combo: Microwave the pizza slice(s) for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then apply the grill or oven method above, reducing the cook time by about 20%. This method combines the speed of the microwave with the crispy base of the oven.
- Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to maximum and place the pizza slice(s) in it. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted. This method gives you that perfect crispy base without drying out the toppings. If you haven’t got an air fryer yet, they’re lust a mini oven – check out the BBC’s selected products for 2023 here.
So there you have it – 5 ways to reheat pizza without sacrificing its flavour and texture. Now you can enjoy leftover pizza like a true Brit. Just make sure you have some Ludacrust hot sauce to pimp it up!